Sunday, September 6, 2009

A little sensitive...

While it's true, little boys are mainly made up of snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails; there is also a very sweet, sensitive side to them... that seems to come out mainly when daddy isn't around:

Today I made the mistake of letting Calvin watch Charlotte's Web. As the movie ended, he came up from the basement sobbing. Alarmed at first, all I could make out in between tears was something about his "heart hurting". Eventually, he was able to explain that Charlotte died, and it just "hurt his heart so much", it took him-seriously- twenty minutes and a chocolate brownie to get over it... please, no one mention this movie around him.



Little Noah is a sweet mix of sensitivity and stubbornness. He adores Malcolm, and cannot bear to see him crying. Yesterday, I pulled up to a friend's house to drop him off for a playdate, which he'd been excited about all day. Malcolm was crying in the car, and I had planned to just leave him there while I quickly ran Noah to the door. Noah threw an absolute fit. He dropped to the ground and refused to go near his friend's house until I picked up Malcolm and got him to stop crying. Seeing that his little brother was happy once again, he quickly waved goodbye and sprinted away.


6 comments:

CamilleJohnFam said...

The older brother protectiveness is very sweet. Sammy was like that with Rachel! Cute!~

dave+candace said...

I just love you guys. Keep posting because it makes my day. Hope all is well. We miss you.

Paradise Found said...

Aw, such sweet boys you've raised. I'm guessing it has nothing to do with RB ;)

Stephanie said...

I agree completely Emrie!

Nicole said...

Ok this is one solid point for the advantage column for little boys!
But I'm going to need some more to be completely convinced.

Valerie said...

You have the sweetest little guys! And could their pictures with their cute little puppy eyes be any cuter?