Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mermaid

I've never had to worry about Calvin getting into fights or hurting other children- usually he just runs to mommy. As we discovered last week however, apparently he can only be pushed so far.

One of Calvin's friends was over for the afternoon and they had been playing nicely on the porch for quite some time when I noticed their voices getting louder. Before too long, Calvin was calling me. As soon as I reached them he then instructed me to tell his friend that he was NOT a mermaid. I told them both that of course Calvin wasn't a mermaid and that seemed to end the conflict... or so I thought.

Three minutes later I heard a little boy howling in pain and ran to see what happened. I found Calvin holding his toy lacrosse stick behind his back and his sweet little friend in tears and grabbing his head.

"He kept calling me a mermaid" was Calvin's only reply.

8 comments:

Kevy said...

Yay! it is good to know that my lacrosse sticks are being used properly.

Unknown said...

I can just see Calvin: "MerMAN! MerMAAAAN!!!!!!"

lol Kevy...

Valerie said...

I don't blame him, who wants to be called a mermaid, especially if you're a little boy :)

Laurie said...

Yeah, mermaids are NOT what little boys want to be called.

Although, I have one who insists he is a puppy, kitty, baby, depending on his mood.

Unknown said...

that is so funny! Keri

Julia Jones said...

rb, you have successfully ingrained the "man" gene in your children. They will never be caught watching Barbie Nutcracker or playing dress up...

I think it is time for a daughter...

JR and Steph said...

That makes me laugh! Even though I shouldn't. I guess his friend won't call him a mermaid again will he.

Kirsten said...

Way to stick up for yourself Calvin!! Bet he won't be trying that again! ;-) Just kidding. Calvin a sweetheart!