Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fish Tracks


Noah, lately.

Sitting in the Dr.'s office with the boys, Noah leaned toward me and mumbled a question I couldn't understand. Asking him to repeat it, he again, lowered his head and quickly said something I wasn't any closer to getting. Impatiently asking him to speak up and tell me one more time, he then nearly shouted his question,

"Is that guy a pirate?!!"

As I (and everyone else in the room) took a quick glance around, I made eye contact with the man sitting across from us wearing tall black boots, a bandana, and lip ring.

-----

We have our bath and bedtime routine down pretty well by now: go to the potty, get in the bath, get in pajamas, brush teeth. The other night Noah decided to mix things up and skip going to the bathroom before entering the tub with his two other brothers. After everyone was out, I told him he needed to go to the bathroom before he finished getting ready for bed. He declined saying,

"It's ok mom, I peed in the tub."

-----

The boys were playing the usual "tackle-wrestle" in the basement with RB when Calvin decided to add a new element to the game. Quickly getting into character, he announced, "I'm Thunder-Hero! I have laser eyes and laser punch!"

Noah, not to be outdone, countered, "I'm Rainbow Boy! I have super rainbows."

He then demanded to be called "Rainbow" for the rest of the night.

-----


Thanks to the recent snow, the boys have been identifying different animal tracks on our walks and drives. They've gotten pretty good at most of them, but when we came upon a new looking set they were both stumped. Calvin suggested, "moose", Noah then offered his educated guess,

"umm, Fish tracks?"


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too cute! Thanks for making me laugh - it's a great break from work!

Nicole said...

I'm pretty sure one of my dolls growing up was called rainbow. She too had magical powers. She could change into her evening dress in a blink of an eye!

Anne said...

Hahaha.

I can relate to the tub incident. Mackenzie hadn't been swimming in a long long time. But my mom coaxed her into the water and she eventually enjoyed herself.

She's totally potty trained, but I took her after she swam only to hear "I already went yesterday in the pool" (meaning 5 minutes ago). Oops, we forgot to cover that little bit of pool etiquette. No running next to the pool, careful on the steps, etc. But no peeing in the pool? I forgot two year olds don't suffer from the same social pressures we adults do. ;)

shlopp said...

i can relate to the tub incident as well.
...or was that the shower incident?
no, scratch that, it was the swimming pool incident--and i don't even have any kids yet!

or was it the hot tub?

Becca said...

How cute! I wish we lived closer so I could be around your funny boys.

Jessika said...

Seriously Carolee, your posts are the absolute best! I love your stories and how truly entertaining your boys are. I'm sure they're a handful and drive you crazy sometimes, but they're adorable and you are an amazing Mom to be teaching them so much and fostering that crazy creativity! I love it!