Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkins, Ghosts, and CANDY


Since none of our Missouri pumpkins made the trip back to Ohio, we paid another visit to a pumpkin patch. Luckily, this process never grows old to Calvin.

Our dear friend Alex and his girlfriend, Meghan, came down for the weekend to join in the festivities (Calvin loves Alex, "even if his favorite team is the cubs"). They both proved to be valuable pumpkin picking advisers and very talented carvers as well.


Halloween night was, of course, one of the best nights ever for our two little sweet-toothed boys. Up until a few weeks ago, I was a little concerned about the costumes that Calvin was requesting. He seemed dead set on being Optimus Prime.
Granted, it would probably be a big improvement in the "cool" factor from last year's Halloween, but a little daunting for a mommy who is in charge of making the actual costumes.

So when Calvin announced after watching "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin" that he would like to be a ghost, I piled the boys in the car and took them to pick out their white sheets before they had a chance to change their minds... luckily Noah is content to do anything like Calvin for the moment.

So here are our little ghosts. Unfortunately, the pictures didn't turn out that great as the boys had very little patience for smiling before the trick-or-treating.

I wish you all could have seen the boys' faces as they walked from door to door collecting their precious candy. I guarantee it would have put a smile on your face as well.



5 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Nice work on their costumes Carolee! I'm impressed you made them. I love the story about Calvin eating candy in bed.

awlander said...

Meghan and I had such a wonderful visit with you and the boys! My highlight was of course the Chick-fil-a visit :)
You have such a fantastic family and its always a treat to spend time with you all!

Love, Alex

AnnDee said...

sweet costumes! I wish we could have seen them live. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll build up to the transformer costume making -- you have QUITE the talent. I don't even attempt.

I'm very impressed with the pumkin carving. You put ours to shame! And -- of course I love the stories of Calvin and Noah with RB -- and especially the sneaky Calvin in bed -- he is a smart one -- no one can deny him that! :)

~LisaLou~ said...

Oh, those are the cutest ghosts I've ever seen! Cute costumes Care! I wouldn't have thought of painting their faces instead of cutting holes in the sheet, but I love it! We got to go to Utah for Halloween and it was so beautiful. It actually looked and felt like fall! Fun!
Love you guys, Lisa

CamilleJohnFam said...

Just thinking of your little pirate of yesteryear and I hoped you had posted their most recent costumes! So glad not to be disappointed! How cute!